News

The exposure of a mass grave in “Afrin” and “Ankara” accusing the “SDF” of committing the massacre.

The Turkish Ministry of Defense announced today the discovery of a mass grave in the city of "Afrin" in the northern countryside of Aleppo, which is under the control of the Turkish forces and their factions.

The exposure of a mass grave in “Afrin” and “Ankara” accusing the “SDF” of committing the massacre.

The Turkish Ministry of Defense announced today the discovery of a mass grave in the city of “Afrin” in the northern countryside of Aleppo, which is under the control of the Turkish forces and their factions.

The ministry said in an official statement that it had received information about the presence of the cemetery in the central “Afrin” neighborhood, to then carry out excavations, during which it was revealed that there were 35 bodies that were buried in the area, and they were found in bags during the excavation operations with the possibility of increasing the number with the increase of the number of the continues fossils.

The Turkish Ministry accused the SDF of being responsible for executing the people buried in the cemetery, and said that they were executed a short time before the Turkish invasion of “Afrin”, as part of what “Ankara” calls “Olive Branch”, which took place in March 2018, where the Turkish statement said that the executions took place in January 2018, without clarifying the identity of the people buried and the reason for their execution.

Sources of the Syrian Documentation Center reported that one of the Ankara factions was behind the mass execution and burial in the hidden cemetery, noting that the discovery of the cemetery came at a time when the Turkish government is trying to use the current events politically against the “SDF” to justify its actions in northern Syria, especially the attempts to expand in the northern countryside of Aleppo at the expense of the SDF.

The sources pointed out that the violations of the Turkish factions in “Afrin” are always justified under the pretext of fighting the “SDF” or arresting former members of its ranks, as “Ankara” took this pretext as a title to justify its illegal military intervention in the Syrian territory.

On Thursday afternoon, the sources reported information about the increase in the number of bodies discovered in the cemetery, reaching 61 bodies indicating the possibility of a higher toll in light of the continuation of excavations and searches at the cemetery site.

It’s noteworthy that the Turkish government openly supports extremist armed factions to support them in the battles against the “SDF” in northern Syria, and several international organizations have previously called for limiting the violations of the “Ankara” factions against the civilians without any response from the Turkish authorities.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
Close
Close